Dr. Behrooz Azizi is a comprehensive ophthalmologist who finished his Doctor of Medicine at St. George’s University and completed a 2-year Postdoctoral Fellowship in Anterior Segment disease from Harvard Medical School. He went on to complete his Ophthalmology residency at the University of Ottawa, one of the top training programs in the country, and is now a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. He also received a masters degree from the University of Waterloo Vision Science program.
He is fluent in English and Farsi.
A well traveled man, Dr. Azizi is excited about settling into a practice in the Kitchener-Waterloo area. He is well trained in all aspects of ophthalmology, both surgical and medical. He wishes to practice true comprehensive ophthalmology and his areas of expertise include:
- Medical retina including anti-VEGF injections for macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and vein occlusions
- Lasers, including Retinal Tears, PRP, Yag, SLT, and LPI
- Glaucoma assessment and treatment (medical & laser)
- Cataract, Pterygium surgery, Ocular surface procedures including superficial keratectomy
- Minor procedures including eyelid lumps & bumps, Chalazion drainage, cosmetic injectables and surgeries
Dr. Azizi is committed to patient care and prides himself on having excellent bedside manner with patients and regular communications with referring health care professionals. He practices out of our Kitchener and our Milton locations.