Dr. Toby Chan received his medical degree at the University of Ottawa and completed residency in ophthalmology at the University of Western Ontario. Under the tutelage of Drs. Ike Ahmed, Devesh Varma and Tom Klein, he completed a fellowship in Glaucoma and Advanced Anterior Segment Surgery at the University of Toronto. He is active in teaching and research at the McMaster University as Assistant Clinical Professor (Adjunct), and was the 2018 Chair for the Canadian Glaucoma Society annual meeting. His research focus is in glaucoma, anterior segment reconstruction, and innovations in medical education.
Dr. Chan can be found at our Kitchener location.
Please provide the following to every appointment:
- Valid Health Card
- Updated list of medications
- Please arrive with your contact lenses out before your appointment
Patients of Dr. Chan are to note the following for their appointments:
- Appointments can be up to two hours long as you may undergo multiple tests
- Additional tests outside of the Ocular Health Centre may be ordered
- Please bring your drops and prescription glasses to every appointment
Please note that there is a chance that your eyes will be dilated at your appointments. Dilation causes blurry vision and light sensitivity for up to 4 hours. Please come prepared with dark sunglasses and/or a driver if you are uncomfortable driving with dilated eyes. We encourage a family member or friend to come with you to your appointments to be involved with your care and education.